For where your heart is, there your treasure will be also. - Matthew 6:21
Job Opportunities at FUMCR
Weekday Kids at First provides a setting that encourages discovery and learning to take place in a variety of areas such as creative expression, language development, science and nature, problem solving and large motor skills. As a childcare teacher in our full day program you will be responsible for ensuring that each child in your care develops an awareness of God’s love and for encouraging independence and self-confidence through activities that help the child succeed and recognize his or her successes.
We are looking for someone to work with children between the ages of infant to 5 years who has a passion for teaching along with a true love and respect for children. The hours are 9 am - 6 pm, Monday through Friday. A high school diploma/GED is required. Must be 18 years old or older with 3-5 years of experience in a childcare setting. Must be able to lift 40+ pounds. Must be CPR/First Aid certified or willing to obtain certification and be committed to continuing your professional education.
Weekday Kids at First offers an excellent benefits package including competitive salaries and health benefits.
Interested applicants please call or send resumes to Lynnita Jessen, 972.996.0114,
First United Methodist Church Richardson is seeking someone to fill a full-time role as Associate Director for Senior High Student Ministry who will work primarily with senior high (9th-12th grade) students. We are a large church serving over 6,000 members and are committed to living out our mission: With open hearts and minds, we welcome people for Christ, grow people in Christ, and serve people with Christ. We live out our mission through our core values, which are: Compassion, Humility, Respect, Inclusion, Servanthood, and Teamwork. We are seeking candidates who embody the church’s mission and live according to our core values.
The Associate Director for Senior High Student Ministry will work with all of the Student Ministries team to encourage students to grow in their faith through worship, UMYF, Bible studies, Sunday school, leadership development, service, and participation in the youth choir. This position will build relationships with youth, run trips and activities, and provide spiritual development. This position is responsible for helping lead youth into a meaningful relationship with Jesus Christ and grow as his disciples.
This person will work on a team including the Associate Director for Junior High Student Ministry, the Student Ministries Coordinator, two year round interns, and a summer intern. They will report to the Associate Pastor for Faith Formation and Student Ministries.
This position is highly relational and requires establishing and building relationships with students and their parents. They will help dream, plan, and implement the senior high youth program. Additionally, they will support the entire student ministries program, as well as the programs and initiatives of the larger church.
The Associate Director for Senior High Student Ministry must be organized, as well as thrive in a fast-paced, highly relational, creative environment with tight deadlines and busy schedules.
We require a committed Christian who feels called to youth ministry and is excited to work in an open and accepting United Methodist Church environment, with the following qualifications:
Education & Experience:
• Strong personal faith consistent with United Methodist theology
• Undergraduate degree preferred; post-grad education a plus
• 2+ years of experience working with adolescents, preferably senior high age students (paid or volunteer)
• Computer knowledge: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ServiceU, Social Media, and willing to learn new applications
• Able to clearly and creatively communicate Scripture and theology
• Passionate about working with senior high students and aware of the issues they face
• A proven track record of developing quality relationships and establishing appropriate boundaries with youth
• Able to meet students and families in crisis situations and walk alongside them
• A heart for service and interested in igniting this in others
• A clear ability to recognize and develop talent in others
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organization skills
• Demonstrate enthusiasm and positive attitude
• High degree of initiative and accountability
• Manage and motivate volunteers
• Work collaboratively as a team with youth, parents, and other staff members
• Willing to enhance professional and spiritual growth through continuing education
Job Pay and Benefits
Compensation will be based on education and experience. We provide a competitive benefits package, as well as a fun and supportive work environment!
Due to the nature of youth ministry, early mornings, late nights, weekends, and week-long out-of-town events are regular. Office hours will be determined with these factors in mind.
How to Apply
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to , Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.