"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." - Matthew 11:28
Points of Light Ministry
Mental Health Awareness and Suicide Prevention
The mission of Points of Light Ministry is to:
• Educate the church and community on mental health issues, depression, and suicide prevention.
• Make the church a safe place to discuss mental health issues by bringing awareness and reducing stigmas.
• Offer resources for those who struggle with depression as well as their loved ones, and provide support for survivors of suicide.
We believe God is all knowing and loves unconditionally. God cares about you, does not judge you based on your mental health, does not condemn you because of your illness or suicidal thoughts/attempts. God knows your suffering and your pain, walks with you on your journey through this darkness, even if you can’t feel God’s presence.
What should I do If I am considering suicide or harming myself?
• Call National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1.800.273.8255, toll-free and available 24/7, or TTY 1.800.799.4889. All calls are confidential.
• Visit suicidepreventionlifeline.org .
• Text HOME to 741741 in the US to reach the Crisis Text Line, a free, confidential resource available 24/7. A trained crisis counselor will respond to you with support and information.
People of faith struggle with Depression, too! What can I do?
TAG - Take it seriously, Ask questions, Get help. Learn More
How to Save a Life - Know what to look for. Know what to do. Know where to get help. Learn More
This is What Depression Looks Like - You can only see it if you know what to look for. Learn More
Risk Factors and Warning Signs - Talk, Behavior, Mood. Learn More
Additional Resources for Parents and Families
Support Group - Christian Survivors of Suicide Loss
4th Mondays, 6:30-8:30 pm, Mays Hall
2019 - Jan 28, Feb 25, Mar 25, Apr 29, no May meeting, June 24, July 29, Aug 26, Sept 30, Oct 28, no Nov or Dec meeting
Family and friends who have lost someone to suicide are invited to this support group.
Contact: Terri Hartman, , 214.797.3511