Talk Saves Lives
Looking for a relevant, informative presentation for your adult Sunday school class?
Talk Saves Lives is the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention's 45- to 60-minute educational program that provides participants with a clear understanding of this leading cause of death, including the most up-to-date research on suicide prevention, and what they can do in their communities to save lives.
Participants will learn common risk factors and warning signs associated with suicide and how to keep themselves and others safe. The program covers:
• Scope of the Problem: The latest data on suicide in the U.S. and worldwide
• Research: Information from the latest suicide prevention research
• Risk Factors and Warning Signs: Information on health, historical, and environmental factors that put individuals at risk for suicide along with suicide warning signs
• Prevention: An understanding of the protective factors that lower suicide risk, and strategies for managing mental health and being proactive about self-care
• What You Can Do: Guidance on how to get help for yourself or someone else in a suicidal crisis
To learn more or schedule a presentation for your adult group, contact Terri Hartman at email@example.com or 214.797.3511.