To engage a representative group of First United Methodist Church Richardson in exploring, interpreting, and anticipating Christ’s future purpose for our church locally, regionally, globally, and within the United Methodist Church so that our leaders can implement a long-term roadmap to fulfill Christ’s Great Commission.
The Strategic Vision Committee considers the following vision statements as ways FUMCR can continue to embrace its mission to welcome, grow and serve.
FUMCR is a vital member of our community, and we believe there are even more opportunities to shine our light so lives are touched by God working through FUMCR locally, nationally and globally.
Vision Committee Mission
Vision Committee Vision
A Committee that continuously encourages Church Leadership and Staff to reasonably reach out beyond their comfort zone and rise to the next level in advancing the mission of First United Methodist Church Richardson.
1. Because we’re called to be a church to all our community…
We will develop and implement strategies to serve our community’s needs and to welcome and grow a membership reflective of our community’s demographics.
2. Because we care about children of all ages and their education…
We will deepen and expand ministries with this focus including our support and relationship with area schools.
3. Because we care about our long-term financial sustainability…
We will intentionally communicate the FUMCR philosophy and expectations for financial support through inspired stewardship education.
4. Because we care about the health of individuals, families and relationships…
We will enhance current ministries and develop new ministries with this focus.
5. Because we’re called to be good stewards of all resources, including time, money, and facilities…
We will develop a systematic approach to reviewing priorities and then allocate resources based on those priorities.
6. Because we care about passionate, Christian, Servant-Leadership…
We will continue to support and expand leadership development throughout our ministries.
7. Because we want all who encounter FUMCR to experience community to the fullest…
We will develop and implement strategies to improve engagement and connections across all age groups and life stages.
8. Because we care about our church clergy and staff…
We will establish opportunities that offer support to ensure development, job satisfaction, and rejuvenation.
9. Because we know technology is an effective tool in ministry…
We will seek opportunities to utilize the best technology and analytics allowing us to stay on the forefront of our ministries.
10. Because we care about communication with our congregation and community…
We will explore and expand the reach of FUMCR through all media channels, enhancing our brand and sharing our story.
Vision Committee Members
Mick Massey (co-chair), Chris Adrian (co-chair), Kim Caston, Rebekah Gilbert, Mackenzie Grant, Tim Griffy, Pam Harris Hackett, Paula Harrison, Michael Hatley, Shawna Lewis, Chris Livingston, Russ McFadden, Cathy Murphree, Eric Neef, Steve Young
Clayton Oliphint (senior pastor), Lynnita Jessen (executive director), Pavielle Jenkins (faith formation), Beth Smith (welcoming & leadership), Kristen Ceaser (communications)